IBS, or Irritable Bowel Syndrome, called Grahani in Ayurveda, is a gastrointestinal motility condition. According to Ayurveda, the digestive fire, or Agni, breaks down food into energy and nutrition. If a person has difficulty digesting food quickly, it implies a weak digestion process. Weak and improper digestion leads to the accumulation of toxins or AmaAma in the body. Ayurvedic Treatment for IBS is the treatment to reduce this AmaAma in the body. Thus Ayurvedic treatment aims to detoxify the body and bring the doshas into the right balance.
What Are The Common Symptoms?
Let us discuss the most common symptoms of IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). Some symptoms that people with IBS face are summarized as follows:
- Having Irregular bowel habits such as diarrhea, constipation, undigested food particles passing in motion, and urge of motion immediately after meals.
- Pain in the abdominal area
- An enlargement
- The person may experience bloating and nausea.
- People can have an incomplete feeling or sensation toward the urge to motion.
- Other psychological symptoms include fatigue, irritability, headache, anxiety, and even urologic dysfunction.
What Are The Steps For Ayurvedic Therapies And Treatment?
Ayurveda treatment for IBS helps naturally mitigate the adverse symptoms. Here are some of the effective therapies that can help:
Agnidipana involves the regulation of the Agni or the digestive fire. This is treated by reducing the AmaAma from the digestive tract with the help of herbs and other ayurvedic ingredients.
Vatanulomana involves correcting and balancing the Vata dosha in the body. Vatanulomana Shodhana requires regular exercise and a specific diet for better results.
When people undergo psychological issues, IBS tends to shoot up. This treatment involves relaxation and treatment of those underlying issues.
Shodhan is a detoxification process of the body. Shodhan is the process of converting all kinds of poisonous drugs in the body into nontoxic and nonpoisonous elements.
Shaman revitalizes the body by treating imbalances and neutralizing any impurities. This healing therapy aims to rejuvenate and restore the balance of the body.
Consuming Ayurvedic formulations made from natural herbs and ingredients help in restoring the balance in the body.
Nidana Parivarajana involves maintaining a healthy lifestyle by consuming a proper diet along with doing yoga and meditation regularly.
Panchkarma is an ayurvedic detox therapy that includes enemas that cleanse the colon and provides nourishment.
What Are The Ayurvedic Tips To Follow In IBS?
You can get relief if you follow Ayurvedic treatment for IBS. Some changes should be made in lifestyle, drinking, and eating styles. Grahani can be triggered by stress and despair. Depression and stress interfere with the Agni. You can benefit by following meditation, yoga, and pranayama. The methodical regimen by Ayurveda doctors includes guidelines and seasonal regulations to safeguard from diseases.
- It would be best if you reduced the intake of fried foods, meat, oily, and dairy foods.
- Avoid spicy foods that can cause diarrhea.
- You should take more soluble fibers that can help to prevent diarrhea. Beans, oatmeal, and fruits like apples, strawberries, and grapes should be consumed.
- Less water intake can obstruct the smooth flow of food in the tract, so you should drink enough water. Avoid drinking water while you are eating. Drinking before the meal is the best option.
- Intake of Yogurt or any probiotic food helps remove ama matter.
- You should eat vegetables like gourds, coriander leaves, and lentils.
- Herbs have healing properties; black pepper, dried ginger, garlic, cumin, turmeric, coriander, cinnamon, clove, bay leaf, and fenugreek can help in IBS. Bilva is a powerful herb that can be used during loose motions in IBS and can be taken as bilvavleha. Bilajil and bel juice is beneficial too.
- Having a good night’s sleep is a must, which helps in your digestion and overall health.
Ayurveda has great solutions to all your problems and lifestyle-related diseases, including IBS treatment and many more. Consult Dr. Era Ayurveda in Gurugram today for IBS Treatment and find practical solutions to your problems. Call us today to book an appointment for a consultation with Dr. Era and make your way for a balanced dosha system, a healthy digestive system, lower body weight, and lots of energy.