Indigestion is a common problem in many individuals. If you have experienced upper abdominal pain or discomfort, especially after eating? Indigestion, which occurs when food is not adequately digested, may cause this. Other signs of this illness include bloating, heartburn, and a severe sense of fullness. Your digestive system and general health suffer as a result. Going for Ayurvedic treatment for indigestion is a great way to subside such symptoms and lead a happier and healthier life.
In the upper belly, indigestion manifests as pain, a burning sensation, or discomfort. A stomach ache or dyspepsia are some names for it. It is not an illness but a collection of signs and symptoms that may indicate an unhealthy lifestyle or underlying condition. It is chronic, and the symptoms frequently recur and vary in severity.
One of the most humiliating health issues people experience is indigestion. Indigestion is a lifelong condition that can affect anyone. Indigestion can affect people of all ages and genders. In India, dyspepsia is reported to affect 30.4% of the population.
It is simple and organic to treat indigestion using Ayurveda. However, if you suffer from indigestion problems, you must be aware of the discomfort after consuming food. Consulting a professional Ayurvedic doctor in Gurgaon will help you to a large extent and help you lead a healthier life.
Symptoms of Indigestion In Patients
You may experience one or more of the following signs and symptoms if you have indigestion:
- The most typical symptoms include upper abdominal pain, a burning sensation, or discomfort.
- Early satiety occurs when you feel full even before finishing your meal and may be unable to eat anymore.
- Postprandial fullness: Following a meal, you feel fuller than you should.
- Bloating: You experience an uneasy tightness as a result of gas buildup.
- Burping: Following a large meal, burping is common due to significant gas buildup.
- Food or liquid being regurgitated into the mouth in little amounts is referred to as reflux or regurgitation and occurs when the gastric sphincters aren’t working properly.
- Your stomach is rumbling or gurgling loudly. Indigestion causes sounds to be heard as food, liquid, and gas pass through the stomach and small intestine.
- Due to stomach discomfort, nausea causes the sensation of vomiting.
- Farts are a common symptom of indigestion and are the body’s way of releasing gas.
Causes of Indigestion
Many different things can cause indigestion. It may be brought on by specific drugs, lifestyle factors, digestive tract conditions, etc. Here are a some causes of indigestion:
- Drinking too much alcohol
- Too much smoking
- Drinking too much caffeine or fizzy drinks
- Eating spicy and greasy foods
- Stress, anxiety or depression
- Lack of sleep
- Certain medication
- Acid reflux (GER and GERD)
- Gallbladder inflammation
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Lactose intolerance
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Stomach cancer
How Ayurvedic treatment for Indigestion Helps
Many different things can cause indigestion. It may be brought on by specific drugs, lifestyle factors, digestive tract conditions, etc.
The most crucial component for digestion is Agni. Agni, also known as the digestive or metabolic fire in our bodies, is what helps us digest food. The food we consume and the feelings and sentiments we absorb through our sensory gateways are all broken down and digested by this Agni. So ingesting what the body requires to make Ojas and expelling what it does not.
Ama is the toxic residue that builds up in the body when undigested food accumulates due to insufficient Agni. This Agni is the underlying root cause of indigestion. Agni is weakened by an unhealthy diet, a sedentary lifestyle, or unresolved emotions, which interfere with digestion and other bodily processes.
When the ama mixes with too much mucus in the body, indigestion symptoms such as heaviness, puffiness, enlarged eyes, excessive salivation, or burping appear. Ama causes symptoms like burning, thirst, or lightheadedness when it interacts with the heating element in the body. It causes symptoms like discomfort or tightness in the body when it interacts with the wind element in the body.
Why Dr Era Ayurveda
Dr Era Ayurveda is one of the best Ayurvedic doctors in Gurgaon. She treats each patient with an individualistic approach. She will analyse all your symptoms to find the root cause of your digestive issue and create a treatment plan for you. Contact us today to book an appointment for a consultation and get the best treatment with Ayurvedic medicine for chronic indigestion. Join Dr Era Ayurveda’s treatment plan and lead a healthier and happier life.